http://www.beachbodycoach.com/1katiebodin

Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 7 - not the day of rest for me.

Today at work, I was astounded by the number of people that came in to shop for stuff. Of course it slowed down once the Super Bowl started, but it was still kind of busy. One of my bosses got ... she seemed like she wanted to fight or something. I don't really like her that much, and I've never been one that's really good at hiding her feelings, so every time she calls my name at work, I heave a big sigh and turn around to ask what. Apparently, she noticed. I didn't even realize I was doing it. She called me over and asked what my problem was. I was confused so I said, "nothing" in a questioning kind of way. She explained that when I was over by the toys, I sighed a big sigh when she called me, and just then when she called me, I did the same thing. So again, she asked what my problem was. I said, "nothing." She kept at it: "is it a work problem?" "No." "Tell me what your problem is." I said, "I don't want to." She said, "is it a personal problem?" (I thought quickly - 'yeah, personally I don't like you.) "Yes, it's a personal problem." She said, "then leave it at home." -WHOA! What the heck was that about? I'm not allowed to sigh now? That's ridiculous! You know, I have no problem with someone telling me when I'm doing something that is I dunno, not helpful...like, if I was yelling at customers or something, but this was...she was just trying to exert her power over me, and she totally did it like she wanted to fight! Why is she always so - she comes across as condescending and arrogant. While it is true that the customer is always right (unless they're wrong), at the end of the day, we all have to work together - as a team. I'm not getting that from her. It's like the rest of us that work there are a rushing river and she is a big rock in the middle of the river that we all have to move around to get where we're going. Why can't she just move with the current? She won't even let us do things our way. If we're working quickly and producing the same results then if she had done the job herself, what does it matter that we don't do it her way? Why micro-manage every little detail? Hey, just do your own job, let me do mine, and check the end result.

Enough about that. Today is day number seven for working out with P90X. P90Xers have two choices on Sundays - they can either rest, or they can do the X Stretch which is good for your muscles and helps "reset" them for the next day's workout. Plus, stretching helps your muscles get stronger, and it helps to gain control over the exercises so the movements are done right. After hearing all those benefits, I chose to do the stretchin'. I'm a little sore in the hips now but my back feels tremendously better. So, I'm happy.

Since I've started doing this program, I've noticed I'm getting stronger and I have more faith in myself that I can do things. I figure, if I can do these exercises that athletes and military people do, I can do things I never thought I could do before. Confidence, an added bonus I didn't know I would get. I'm also able to run and jump and do other stuff without becoming winded now. Sweet deal. I'm receiving encouragement from others doing this program - apparently, I just got through the hardest part of the workout: the first week. Heck yeah! The same person said we (me and other P90Xers) are going to start noticing that we have the ability to do more stuff in the workouts, and we will get more muscle. Now, don't worry. I won't (and you if you decide to do this) look like a strange body building woman. I will be lean, with muscles. Think Brad Pitt from "The Fight Club." Haha! Just kidding.

That's it for now. Thank you my one follower for letting me rant and rave for a bit. Oh, and I will be talking with that boss with another boss present, believe me. I'm not taking this power trip of hers any longer.

No comments: