http://www.beachbodycoach.com/1katiebodin

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tired of Being Tired

I am fed up with having no energy and I want to...I just want to get through the day without longing for a nap. I also like the idea of not being so aware of how big I am. I'm sure you are wondering, 'Just how big is this lady?' Well, I'll tell you. I am 5'8" and weighing in at 215 lbs. I've been told that I don't look like a weigh that much, that I look pretty good but, I've seen the pictures, I know the truth.

I was previously a member of a gym, which shall remain nameless, and I wasn't seeing any results. After a month of workouts, I lost no weight and 2 inches. Woop-ti-doo. None of that weight was from my midsection. That's the area of myself I like the least.

Today was my first workout with a DVD called P90X. With all the stuff people were saying about it, and the disclaimer on the packaging, I was pretty scared. I am a very timid person when it comes to trying new things and really stepping out there. But, I figured since I passed the fitness test, I'm good to go. I got through the warm up and I was feeling kind of pooped already. But, I pushed through it with the encouraging words of a self-proclaimed computer geek. He said when he first started, the program kicked his butt and he could hardly do anything. Then, as time went on, he could do more and more stuff. I'm banking on that being the case with me, too.

I also joined the beachbody program (the one that sells P90X) as a coach. I talked to one of my friends that was also a coach, because I'm thinking that no one would listen to a 215 lb chica like myself. She told me that it isn't about that. I'm just there to inspire other people, and tell my story. Plus, I get everything I buy cheaper if I'm a coach. When it comes to saving money, I'm down.

I set up my beachbody site, and here I am, hoping I stick with it, or as the guy in the DVD says, "Bring it!" I'll let you know how sore I am tomorrow, especially after my second crazy workout.

For now, I must say good-bye.

No comments: